Research Letters Concerning
Worldwide Church of God Changes
(Grace Communion International)
These letters* give an excellent chronology of Worldwide Church of God's history and agenda, including the deceit surrounding the new doctrinal changes. They represent only a few of many letters on file with Exit & Support Network™ that were mailed to many in the Christian establishment, imploring them to be discerning before accepting the WCG as a bona fide Christian Church. Other letters written included those to: John S. Adams, reporter and author, investigating the changes; MacGregor Ministries; Peter Ditzel (formerly with Personal Freedom Outreach); Steve Brown of Key Life Ministries; Paul Martin, founder of Wellspring Retreat, and various letters from exiters to WCG HQs.
UPDATE: In April 2009 Worldwide Church of God changed their name in the United States to Grace Communion International. (Some local church areas and countries may still carry the former name or a different one.)
*All research letters were written by those in ESN or were mailed to ESN during the time of the Worldwide Church of God doctrinal changes. They are the property of Exit & Support Network™ and cannot be amended as they are in the public domain.
"Am I therefore become your enemy,
because I tell you the truth?"
Letters to Authors:
JANIS HUTCHINSON (author of Out of the Cult and Into the Churches):
- Letter from L. A. Stuhlman, ESN, to Janis Hutchinson (Very important synopsis of the crucial inside story.)
- Letters from D. M. Williams, ESN, to Janis Hutchinson (Discerning, letters with much critical thinking to one that helped promote the WCG changes.)
- Letters from Michael S. to Janis Hutchinson (Outstanding letter that exposes the outright lies, abuses and sociopathic behavior of WCG ministers; talks about the great harm done to members by those that endorsed WCG, including Ruth Tucker.)
- Letters from Kelly Marshall, ESN, to Janis Hutchinson (Contains very excellent reasonings concerning the WCG's transition from cult to mainstream.)
MICHAEL LANGONE: (Executive Director of International Cultic Studies Association) [formerly American Family Foundation]:
- Letters from L. A. Stuhlman, ESN, to Michael Langone (Very important info; reveals what was really behind Herbert Armstrong and his WCG.)
RUTH TUCKER (author of Another Gospel)
LATAYNE SCOTT (author of Why We Left a Cult)
- Letters from L. A. Stuhlman, ESN, to Latayne Scott (Good overview of WCG history and the agenda in making the changes as early as 1989; also shows how "obedience to the government of God" was forcefully used.)
ALAN W. GOMES (Talbot School of Theology)
- Letter from L. A. Stuhlman, ESN, to Alan Gomes (Very relevant today in light of the WCG changes.)
Letters to WCG Ministers:
- David Covington's Resignation Letter to Joseph W. Tkach (Mass-mailed to many Christian groups. Covers nine fundamental problems with the WCG.)
- David Covington's Letter to Greg R. Albrecht (Boldly confronts Albrecht's twisting, maligning, untrue statements concerning Covington's true motives and the fact that WCG still functions as an abusive system.)
- Open Response to Worldwide Church of God Regarding David Covington (From L. A. Stuhlman concerning Covington's resignation letter. Reveals WCG's "damage control.")
- Letter to Joseph W. Tkach, Sr. about changes members knew nothing about (Includes Headquarters' spin control answer)
- Letter to Worldwide Church of God, Philippines (On Apostasy--A Radical Proposal) (By former WCG member, confronting WCG on their embracing of New Age teachers and philosophies. This 2006 letter was later forwarded to over 300 Worldwide Church of God ministers, including those at HQs.)
Letters to Others:
- An Open Letter to Our Acquaintances in Worldwide Church of God (This courageous letter by Founder of ESN helped many to question deception; one interesting part shows how WCG used thought reform in order to instigate their new changes.)
- Attention Christian Ministries (The letter that was mass-mailed by ESN to as many Christian ministries as possible about the WCG changes.)
- Letters to Focus on The Family (James Dobson) Concerning the WCG (Very interesting correspondence showing how Focus skirted the issues regarding the WCG; also covers WCG leaders meeting with Focus; includes pertinent comments. Includes replies)
COUNTER-CULT APOLOGETIC MINISTRIES, ETC.:
- Letters to Christian Research Institute ("The Bible Answer Man" with Hank Hanegraaff) (Introduction contains info on CRI helping WCG to mainstream and possibly taking a bribe. Also covers how WCG has not changed inside their congregations the way they proclaimed in their PR campaign.) UPDATE: Christian Research Institute is also known as Christian Research International.
- Letters from ESN to Watchman Fellowship (Reveals the massive double-messages in Tkach's video.
- Lamb With Wolf-Like Jaws! (Exposes the deceit, abuse and hypocrisy of the Worldwide Church of God. Written during their new doctrinal changes and mailed to ESN, David Covington, cult apologetic ministries and local members.)